It will be interesting to see how popular web only computers are. Here are some of the obvious (to me) points about Chrome OS:
- If you’re not in a Wi-Fi/3G zone, you’re doomed. No offline access at all.
- It’s all Google. What if you need to use Microsoft Word instead of Google Docs?
- You need a Google account.
- It seems secure, but one clever hacker could destroy your computer life.
- Only Google Chrome. What about if there’s a website best viewed in Internet Explorer?
- There is a store, but there will be a lot of apps not on Chrome OS.
- Music? There’s no iTunes or Spotify!
What do you think? Will it fail?